Over the years I have noted down sales guidelines which I thought useful and I now share them with you. If you have any to add please let me know.
- Selling is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration
- Ask questions, keep your mouth shut and talk with your ears
- Have a POSITIVE attitude – Your success is the product of your own attitude.
- Be persuasive and persistent
- Be enthusiastic – it builds belief in your clients
- Have an active mind – be aware of opportunities
- Have authority from knowledge
- Be sincere, develop rapport
- Be courteous
- Be ethical and credible
- Smile on the phone. Stand up. Plan your call.
- Set your goals – a person going nowhere usually gets there.
- Success breeds success.
- DON’T EVER SAY I CAN’T – GET RID OF EXCUSES.
- It is far better to get no’s than a pipeline full of maybe’s.
- Always do what you say you will do.
- Get rid of those words that give negative feelings.
- Those who think big get big results.
- Make things happen by recognising opportunities.
- IF YOU HAVE NO PROSPECTS YOU HAVE NO PROSPECTS.
- NEVER BE AFRAID OF ASKING PEOPLE TO HELP YOU.
- Success is achieved by constantly looking for new opportunities 24 hours a day.
- Do not be afraid of someone saying no. Master your subconscious fear. Don’t fear failure.
- You fail because:
- Poor preparation
- Failure to identify potential in clients – always practise the art of adding value to people
- You are not switched on and therefore do not capture client’s interest.
- You neglect to ask for the business.
- The first impression really counts. People buy people. 84% of all decisions are based upon emotion.
- AIDA – Capture Attention,
Create Desire (turn needs into wants),
- Product/service belief is essential
- Link features to benefits – use the link phrase “which means that”.
- Don’t sell your products or services. Sell the results or what your product or service will do.
- People buy value, or their perception of value, not price.
- People buy more with their eyes than their ears.
- Outstanding service alone can become your greatest closing tool.
- Only one in five clients will ever volunteer an order so never let a potential order go unasked for.
- Remember the 8/73 survey. Only 8% of salespeople are still selling after receiving four objections while 73% of customers voiced five or more objections before placing an order. Be persistent.
- If you don’t close you are working for the competition.