A Paperless Office -Myth or Reality?
We have recently installed electronic data management systems (Virtual Cabinet) which basically are paperless systems that will make clients documentation and financial information more secure and improve efficiencies in our dealings with them.
We can provide a better client service which is driven by faster access to client data within the firm and through an online portal that allows documents to be shared and transferred.
We intend to use the client portal to forward information that:
- Clients need to review and approve,
- Clients may require to download from time to time including Income Tax Returns and related Tax Computations, PAYE returns, Annual Accounts.
To set clients up on the portal we will forward to them an email on how to register with Virtual Cabinet. They will be asked to provide brief personal details and a password which they alone will know.
The systems we have installed will help us to provide a better and faster service and allow clients access to critical information 24/7. This is part of our commitment to enhance our service capabilities whenever we can.
Help to Beat the Recession
We have updated our 15 page report Business Survival - Beating the Recession and the Credit Crunch.
This report deals with the realities of recession and the credit crunch. It will support you in reshaping your business so that you can survive the current depressed trading conditions. All of our suggestions are based on sound business principles.
The report outlines how businesses are affected by the tightening of credit and provides advice in various areas of cash management and also ideas to work on.
It is intended to stimulate thought and should encourage essential action.
We are here to support clients in surviving the recession. Action is the key. We can help you to survive these difficult times so please call me on 021- 4310266 if you want assistance.
If you would like a copy of the report please use the following link: http://parfreymurphy.ie/
Work On Your Business Not In It!
Wouldn’t it be great if your small business:
- Worked without you. Only if your business can work without you, will it have any great capital or sale value.
- Delivered its product or service consistently time and time again to the customer.
- The employees did it the same way every time, the best way.
If we’re going to learn from the small businesses that successfully do this, let’s take a look at the most successful small business in the world, McDonalds. Even if you don’t like what McDonalds sell, there is no denying it is a hugely successful business.
The owners don’t work IN the business flipping burgers.
You know when you go you’re going to get the same consistent burger every time, with the same customer experience every time, which is why people go there. They give the customer exactly what they are expecting every time, there is no disappointment and so the customers return.
Deadlines and Reminders
Deadline - 14 April 2012
- Return and payment of dividend withholding tax for March 2012.
- Return and payment of PAYE / PRSI for March 2012.
- Return and payment of RCT for March 2012.
- Return and payment of quarterly PAYE/PRSI return for January / March 2012.
Deadline - 21 April 2012
- Preliminary corporation tax for accounting periods ending 31 May 2012.
- First installment of preliminary corporation tax for accounting periods of large companies ending 31 October 2012.
- Corporation tax returns for accounting periods ended 31 July 2011.
- Balance of corporation tax due for accounting periods ended 31 July 2011.
- Third party information returns for accounting periods ended 31 July 2011.
Where returns and payments are made electronically the return and payment deadlines are being extended to the 23rd day of the month.